Sunday 10 July 2011

Bokuto/bokken

Some  Budoka's prefer bokken’s made ​​of exotic wood, mostly for the beauty of exotic wood and other characteristics.
My personal experience says that exotic wood is not the happiest solution for those who expect a great bokken, especially for contact, in some of next posts I will explain why.
If you need a bokken / bokuto just for kata’s or slight contact, which will really look good,  then certainly recommend the already known species of exotic wood.

On the photo below is one of my bokuto made ​​from African Paduk, the structure of this wood looks like  flowing lava, normally under the horizontal section in relation to a tree.







There are also pictures of some other bokuto and from my private collection which I made​​, I hope you enjoy the pictures

Peter Antunovic


Hornbeam bokuto in most comon style, like my all bokuto's, this one also have natural sory (curve)

 
Bokuto in Tachi style(hornbeam), natural curve, bokuto on picture  is without tsuba, but it could be with  wooden or rubber tsuba in shape which you like



Bokuto in koryu style (hornbeam)